Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Alright chumps, let's do this.

So, you know that feeling you get when you're being hoisted up a particularly intimidating rollercoaster... and it's your first coaster of the day so you're kind of out of it... and you didn't get much sleep beforehand because you woke up extra early to get the theme park... and that McMuffin you snarfed earlier in the morning isn't sitting too well... and those screaming preteens behind you are about to give you a ruptured eardrum... and you just round the crest of the incline and the situation suddenly becomes incredibly real and you realize that there's no way you're getting off now and you are moments from being plunged 300 feet to your simulated death?

Yeah, that's kinda what this feels like.

I just finished staging today, and tomorrow I'll be boarding a plane at JFK airport and leaving the country for the next two years.  I haven't really slept much this week, and I doubt I'll be doing too much tonight.  Luckily, everyone here seems awesome and this'll probably be a great experience, but I reserve the right to be a little apprehensive before I go.  I'm just hoping that I didn't forget anything else in my luggage.

In any case, this is it.  I'll see you all on the other side.

4 comments:

  1. Now we just have to wait for the embarrassing ride photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. My name is Nate Bloss; im a PCV in Namibia. Ill finish in December and three of us plan to do some travel in Tanzania. Were wondering if you could give us a little advice.

    The questions we have:

    1. Can we free hike around Tanzania? We do that in Namibia all the time, but dont know if we can there.

    2. Were planning on coming into Tanzania from Mozambique. Do you know a good way to do that? Bus, train? Right now were just planning on traveling straight up to Zanzibar, but maybe you know of something we shouldnt miss on the eastern coast?

    3. Any recommendations for Zanzibar. Well have about a week there.

    4. After Zanzibar I wanted to head to Uganda. Whats the best way to travel from Dar to Uganda? Im extending next year in Kenya, so I probably wont want to do much in Northern Tanzania, as ill be able to do it next year. But for future reference, is there anything we shouldnt miss up there (other than kilimanjaro, i hiked that last december).

    5. Do you know what the visa cost is for americans?

    6. What else should we know about Tanzania?


    Thanks,
    Nate Bloss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic descriptive metaphor. You are a great writer. Thanks for sharing your adventures. Be safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, that was an epic week finishing Reach. I'm finally reading your blog for the first time. Way to be.

    ReplyDelete